5 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Health and Fitness
We all know there’s no magic pill that leads to weight loss, but there are several things you can do RIGHT NOW to instantly improve your health and fitness.
- Water intake: Water is critical to your health and well-being. You should be aiming to consume half of your body weight in ounces. For example, someone who is 180lbs should drink at least 90oz of water per day. Yes, we know, it’s a lot of water, but it’ll ensure you’re adequately hydrated for your workouts and beyond. Water also has a ton of other health benefits – It promotes weight loss, flushes toxins, increases energy and focus, aids in digestion, serves as a natural headache remedy, and makes your skin look fantastic!
- Adjust your shopping habits: At THE MAX Challenge, we have a rule about consuming food that contains ingredients we can’t pronounce. Who wants to eat sucradextromaltasole anyway – just kidding, we made that up, but in truth, many of those chemical sounding ingredients are, in fact, chemicals and don’t belong in our bodies. So when you’re in the grocery store, it’s generally best to stick to the outer perimeter of the store. Fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, eggs, nut milks, healthy carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes are all excellent choices.
- Be strategic about your parking spot: This is an easy one! Next time you go to the store, park towards the back of the lot. There’s instant benefit in upping the steps you take each day. Opting for the steps instead of the escalator or elevator are also great ways to easily increase your physical activity.
- Don’t skip breakfast: We can all relate to the morning rush, but breakfast has some serious benefits. It kickstarts your metabolism and promotes energy and focus throughout the day. Studies have linked breakfast to improved concentration, lower levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol, and lower chances of getting diabetes, and heart disease, as well as helping to control weight gain. A breakfast high in protein can also help reduce cravings for carbs or sugary foods. So tomorrow morning, cook up some scrambled eggs with a side of turkey bacon or opt for a yummy protein shake. Our favorite? 8oz almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla MAX 180 protein, 3 ice cubes, 1 banana, and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Our body needs sleep to function. In fact, sleep is just as important to our health as proper diet and exercise. Poor sleep is strongly linked to weight gain and increases the risk for heart disease and stroke. You should strive for 8 hours of sleep wherever possible. Our advice? Set a time each night to make your way to the bedroom. Even if you don’t fall asleep right away, you’re at least mentally preparing to fall asleep by being situated in the place where sleep ensues.
- In the long run, developing healthy habits is crucial. And remember, you just have to get started – once you start doing something every single day, it becomes habit. Incorporating a workout program into your routine is also key to health and fitness success.
Find a MAX Challenge Near You
TIP: By clicking the icon to the left of the search bar below the site will find your location and list the closest MAX Challenge to you!