- 1 pound ground beef (or your choice of ground turkey, chicken)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 15 oz can white beans (with liquid)
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ pound brown rice pasta (of your choice)
- Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Drain excess fat, then add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta and simmer for 50 minutes, stirring often.
- Cook pasta al dente in a separate pot.
- Add al dente pasta to the pot of soup.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.
MAX Counts are approximate per 9.5 oz container: 1/3 protein, 1/2 carb, 1/2 fruit