Every now and then I hear from a MAXer who, in their own words, is following the program EXACTLY! They are baffled as to why they are not getting results. They insist that they are supper compliant. I always start out by asking about their routine and nutrition. Very often the conversation reveals that the person is eating far less food then we recommended and is not measuring their portions. Just eating a little better or eating less is not enough. In fact not eating enough may have the opposite effect on your overall health and well being. (by throwing your body into starvation mode forcing it to hold on to fat rather then burn it!).
This program is a lifestyle because eating the MAX way promotes better health. You will find that you have more energy, sleep better, sleep less, clearer skin, sharper thinking and an overall better life. People report that they no longer get constant headaches, their blood sugars are normalized and many other diseases and ailments are gone!
So, here is a quick test to see if you are following the program exactly or if you are following EXACTLY!
- Do you use the containers to measure your portions? (For at least the first 10 weeks – just eating less is not enough, you must measure)
- Do you eat 5 to 6 small meals a day?
- Do you plan your meals in advance? (Not 10 minutes in advance but a week in advance.)
- Have you eliminated processed foods?
- What kind of dressing do you put on your salad? (Anything other then EVOO and vinegar is no good, the EVOO counts as a fat)
- When the program calls for carbs are you eating them early in the day?
- Do you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day?
- Do you eat out more then once a week? (If you do then do you give specific directions to waiter as to how to prepare your foods?)
- Do you eat vegetables every day? (Vegetables have a negative calorie effect and also keep you satisfied.)
- Are you recognizing the “triggers” in your life that lead to “urges” and “behaviors” that do not support your goals?
- Are you consciously working on developing new patterns and habits that support your healthy lifestyle?
- Do you exercise at least 5 times a week?
So ask yourself the following, “Am I following the program exactly or am I following the program EXACTLY!”
I promise you this. The reward of optimal health will be well worth the extra effort.
Oh, and yes you will also loose some weight J
Founder, The Max Challenge